Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My neighbour...

It was heartening ( my apologies if the spelling was wrong.. phew i'm impossible)..... for a change I was really happy with the proceedings in our neighbouring state..... people.. esp the lawyer community protesting against a prez in uniform.....
For a state , so hopelessly entrenched in dirty politics.. terrorism... the infamous US connection... it made little sense to me that people here even do care for a prez with or without that uniform of his... but honestly speaking , its a welcome change I see.....
This is essentially the power of democracy as I see it... the power to argue.... to rationalize things... we may not like the governments, the politicians, but this does in no way undermine the importance of the ideal of democracy.... The process as I see is divine. The outcome may not always be flawless,but then please do not blame the institution for it.
It might need some changes, some tweaking here and there, and the equations will behave properly.. so to all those who are like India is all dirty politics and this and that...plzzzz.. take a hike!

PS: Read Calvin and Hobbes people ( this one for the uninitiated)... This one really rocks.. For a change we could learn sth from a 7 year ol' kid..

No comments: